ETH102: Intro to Building dApps
ETH102: Intro to Building dApps
- 12 Videos
Ethereum 102: Intro to Building dApps Overview
Join us as we dive further into coding Ethereum dapps and learn how to build end-to-end decentralized applications. Make sure to check out Eth 101, We cover popular frameworks for Ethereum programming dapp development like Truffle and ethers.io, as well as developer tools like Ganache. We also show you how to deploy your front-end to decentralized filesystems like IPFS and Swarm.
This course prepares you to design, construct and manage enduring systems of smart contracts entrusted with significant value. We unfold essential knowledge and patterns you can use to confidently design and build your signature system.
Using hands-on examples, video lectures, and the evolving code, you will learn:
- Widely applicable patterns for everyday use
- Industry recognized best practices
- Known attack vectors, how they work and how to prevent them
- Anti-patterns, why you should avoid them, and proven alternative approaches.
By taking this Ethereum coding course you will gain valuable insights into common mistakes Solidity developers make. You’ll be able to spot errors, security issues and oversights in unfamiliar code quickly and effortlessly because you’ll know exactly what patterns to look for; patterns that should always be present, and patterns that should never be present.
Ethereum 102: Intro to Building dApps : Prerequisites
The following are helpful:
- Survival-level Linux skills
No previous experience with coding Ethereum smart contracts is required. Every line of code is explained: what it does, how it does it, and more importantly, the underlying principles behind the structure of the examples. The concepts presented are supported by curated suggested Ethereum coding guides and reading. Easily digestible principles and practices with hands-on application in a realistic project provide context for curated reference materials.
Each lesson is presented with hands-on demonstration and explanation:
- A recorded lecture - what it does, the problem it solves and how it works
- A hands-on coding demonstration with line-by-line commentary
- Links to carefully vetted reference materials supporting the points raised in the lesson, and the latest developments
- Reference application code to compare with your own
Ethereum 102: Intro to Building dApps: Audience
Even if coding Ethereum is completely new, developers should be able to learn by example. We go immediately to the weird parts that illustrate how Ethereum programming differs from other platforms. The critical new thinking and well-solved patterns developers need to effectively plan and use this unique platform and language.
Ethereum 102: Intro to Building dApps: Course Objectives
- Align your thinking with the unique properties of this platform
- Clearly, understand common design patterns and recognize when to use them
- Habitually and effortlessly observe best practices in your code, by deeply understanding how the patterns work and the protection they offer
- Learn how to quickly and easily recognize security risks in an unfamiliar source code
- Understand precise implications of the Ethereum Virtual Machine, instantly recognize feasible use-cases and confidently design scalable applications
- Learn how to address long-term operational and maintenance concerns including administrative control and software upgrades.
- Understand the competing objectives inherent in all smart contract projects, understand the options available and know how to clearly communicate the choices to both technical and non-technical stakeholders.