ETH101: Intro to Ethereum
ETH101: Intro to Ethereum
- 13 Videos
Overview: Ethereum Coding For Beginners
Join us as we dive headfirst into writing smart contracts and building Đapps using Ethereum. If you want to learn Ethereum, this is the course for you! In this course, we bring you up to speed on coding with solidity, before we explore the intricacies of building decentralized applications and programming Ethereum smart contracts. This course prepares you to design, construct and manage enduring systems of smart contracts entrusted with significant value. We unfold essential knowledge and patterns you can use to confidently design and build your signature system on. Using hands-on Ethereum coding examples, video lectures, and the evolving code, you will learn:
- Widely applicable patterns for everyday use
- Industry recognized best practices
- Known attack vectors, how they work and how to prevent them
- Anti-patterns, why you should avoid them, and proven alternative approaches.
Once you've completed this course be sure to check out part 2!
Ethereum Coding For Beginners: Prerequisites
Every line of code is explained: what it does, how it does it, and more importantly, the underlying principles behind the structure of the examples. The concepts presented are supported by curated suggested reading. Easily digestible principles and practices with hands-on application in a realistic project provide context for curated reference materials. Each lesson is presented with hands-on demonstration and explanation: • A recorded lecture - what it does, the problem it solves and how it works• hands-on live ethereum coding demonstration with line-by-line commentary • Links to carefully vetted reference materials supporting the points raised in the lesson, and the latest developments • Reference application Ethereum coding guide to compare with your own
Even if Ethereum coding is completely new, developers should be able to learn by example. We go immediately to the weird parts that illustrate how coding on Ethereum differs from other platforms. The critical new thinking and well-solved patterns developers need to effectively plan and use this unique platform and language.
Ethereum Coding For Beginners: Course Objectives
• Align your thinking with the unique properties of this platform • Clearly, understand common design patterns and recognize when to use them • Habitually and effortlessly observe best practices in your code, by deeply understanding how the patterns work and the protection they offer • Learn how to quickly and easily recognize security risks in unfamiliar source code • Understand precise implications of the Ethereum Virtual Machine, instantly recognize feasible use-cases and confidently design scalable applications • Learn how to address long-term operational and maintenance concerns including administrative control and software upgrades. • Understand the competing objectives inherent in all Ethereum smart contract projects, understand the options available and know how to clearly communicate the choices to both technical and non-technical stakeholders.