What is blockchain and how can I use it in my business?
Are you getting information overload? Or worse yet, you want to learn but just have no time to sort through all the noise online?
Well you’ve come to the right spot. Our Accelerated Program for non-technical people has no pre-requisites; This course is specifically designed for non-technical business executives who are new to blockchain and are tasked with making business decisions about leveraging blockchain technology in their businesses.
- Week 1 Fundamentals
- Week 2 Blockchain Landscape
- Week 3 Enterprise Use Cases
- Week 4 The Future of Blockchains
What’s in the Blockchain for Business Accelerated Program?
Learn about the various applications of blockchains, including DAOs (Decentralized Autonomous Organizations) and ICOs (Initial Coin Offerings)
Learn how blockchain can apply to the Retail, Finance and Healthcare industries
Learn what to look for when hiring a blockchain developer, consultant, or any other kind of expert
Architect an enterprise blockchain solution for your industry
- How blockchains leverage peer-to-peer networks
- How economic incentives enable transactions in a trustless environment
- How consensus algorithms work to ensure data integrity in a decentralized network
- How private and public chains differ
- When to use a public vs. private chain
- History of Bitcoin and the problems it aims to solve
- How Ethereum was founded, and the problem it aims to solve
- Private solutions like Hyperledger, and how they differ from public solutions
- Main tools currently making waves in the landscape, including inter-blockchain solutions and stablecoins
- Various communities in the blockchain space and how they interact with each other
- Various applications of blockchains, including DAOs and ICOs
- How regulators are dealing with the legal implications of blockchain applications
- How blockchains can make financial transactions seamless between multinational parties
- How blockchains can help with tracking and verifying products
- How blockchains can help with managing users’ identities between businesses, looking at real-life implementations in the financial and government sectors
- How blockchains can facilitate seamless and secure transfer of information between medical facilities
- How blockchains can track pharmaceutical products and ingredients
- Biggest limitations in the industry, and what is being done to solve them
- Identify the different players in the landscape and spot the kinds of solutions that will disruptive in the next five to ten years
- What to look for when hiring a blockchain developer, consultant, or any other kind of expert
- What questions to ask when considering a blockchain solution
- Architect an enterprise blockchain solution for your industry
Bonus Material Included
A weekly live lesson with our teachers
Direct access to teachers
Weekly homework and projects
Receive a personal non-fungible ERC-721 token that will identify you as a Blockgeeks Verified Blockchain Professional
Is This Program for You?
We are also limiting the spots in the program to 30 qualified people this semester. We do this in order to make sure every student succeeds in the program. Course starts 2019.
Used and Loved by more than
Blockgeek courses gave me the confidence to participate in more Blockchain hackathons and expand my knowledge on Blockchain Solidity development. Well organized, interesting, and easy to follow along with, the Blockgeeks courses allow me to keep up to date on what's going on in the Blockchain space! Thank you for making us feel so welcome.
Morgan EdwardsWinners of EthDenver
Blockgeeks is a great place to start learning about blockchain technology and decentralized applications. The videos give a clear overview of the technological landscape and the tools available, so you can get up to speed quickly and start working on your own projects.
I have learned a great amount from the courses and webinars on Blockgeeks. It helps if you already have some basic programming skills, then you'll learn how to combine web and blockchain technology without feeling overwhelmed. It's important to really know Solidity, so watch all of the lectures and research security best practices. Once you're a bit more confident, you can earn ether bounties by sharing your ideas and code on the awesome BountyOne platform.
Questions and Answers
Do I need to know how to code before taking this course?
No, this program was made specifically for non-technical people.
How much does the program cost
Do I get a certification after taking this course?
You get a non-fungible personalized token proving you're a Verified Blockgeeks Pro if you pass all projects and final exam
Do I get discount on Blockgeeks products as a Blockgeeks alumni?
Yes, Blockgeeks Alumni receive 20 percent discounts and special access to additional content and events
Will I need any special software/hardware/books?
The free trial gives you access to all of the great Blockgeeks content that you would get as a paying customer for free for 7 days. You can cancel at any time during your trial and you won't be charged. If you love it, then you don't have to do anything and your paid subscription will start at the end of the 7 day trial.
Am I tied to a contract?
There are absolutely no contracts with Blockgeeks. You can cancel or pause your account at any time.